Hey Educators! This page of awesome resources was inspired by BER and was created and is managed by one of our corporate members, Dr. Towanda Harris of Harris Innovation Consulting Group. With almost 20 years of experience in the educational field, Dr. Towanda Harris continues to provide educators with a variety useful resources for additional subjects that address both Professional Growth and Lessons/Activities.
Want more? Become a member and get ELA, Math, Social Studies, and Science resources for grades K-12! Remember, your feedback is key! Let us know your thoughts as you explore these great resources!
- BetterLesson is a free website that offers teachers Common Core-aligned math, science, ELA, and blended learning lessons.
- TES Teach with Blendspace makes it easy to plan, build, and deliver a lesson by integrating content from YouTube, TES resources, your own files, and other digital media.
- LearnZillion is a website that provides teachers with a library of interactive math and language arts lessons, videos, quizzes, and assignments for students.
- Lesson Writer is an adjustable lesson creation site offers tools for teaching literacy across the curriculum
- Educreations, a free app, and online tool, aims to democratize learning by facilitating the recording and sharing of interactive lessons
- Curriki is a K-12 global community for educators, parents and students to curriculum and resources.
- Kiddom is the easiest way to plan, assess, and analyze learning. With Kiddom, teachers use one collaborative learning platform for assessment, curriculum, communication, and analytics.
- Instructional Strategies a list of 49 instructional strategies or approaches, an explanation of each strategy/approach, along with related strategies/approaches where applicable.
- The International Technology and Engineering Educators Association The International Technology and Engineering Educators Association is an organization devoted to improving technology education and engineering through the use of technology, innovation, design, and engineering experiences at the K-12 school levels.
- Tech Advocacy ITEEA’s overall advocacy goal is to support an infrastructure in K-16 education that ensures that all students are prepared to work and live in a global technological world.
- Google for Education enabling innovative solutions to learning’s biggest barriers. With our suite of devices, apps, and resources, you can easily bring the power of technology to your classroom.
- Apple Teacher Apple Teacher is a free professional learning program designed to support and celebrate educators using Apple products for teaching and learning.
- The Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE) certification validates that educators have the global educator technology literacy competencies needed to provide a rich, custom learning experience for students.
- Nearpod an interactive classroom tool for teachers to engage students with interactive lessons.
- Go Formative Formative assignments, assessments and homework automagically display student work as-it-happens and keep track of student growth to standards.
- Blendspace Teachers can create digital lessons in 5 minutes Interactive lessons, projects, presentations and more.
STE(A)M is the academic disciplines of science, technology, engineering (ARTS) and mathematics. Click for a few useful websites!
Special education is the practice of educating students with special educational needs in a way that addresses their individual differences and needs.
Classroom Management refers to the wide variety of skills and techniques that teachers use to keep students organized, orderly, focused, attentive, on task, and academically productive during a class.
- NEA Resources for classroom management
- Edutopia Classroom Management Learn strategies for building positive, compassionate classroom communities that engage learners, and find and exchange tips for coping with disruptive behaviors and managing distraction.
- American Psychological Association Classroom Management
- Education World Classroom Management Resources
- Trauma Infused Practices A Guide to Working with Traumatized Children assists teachers and other educators understanding and working with children and youth whose lives have been affected by trauma.
- Social Emotional Learning Resources about the process through which children and adults acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
Culturally Responsive Teaching
Culturally Responsive Teaching is a pedagogy that recognizes the importance of including students’ cultural references in all aspects of learning.
- Culturally Responsive Teaching Matters a document by equity alliance the key features of a culturally responsive environment.
- Webinars-TeachingTolerance.org offers free on-demand webinars with helpful guidance and great ideas from the Teaching Tolerance community.
- Kentucky District Culturally Responsive Resources provides educators with articles, lesson plans/activities, and videos to support teachers.